CrossFit itself is defined as that which optimizes fitness (constantly varied functional movements performed at relatively high intensity). CrossFit is also the community that spontaneously arises when people do these workouts together. In fact, the communal aspect of CrossFit...Read More
Register for the Open The CrossFit Games Open is the world’s premier test of fitness. Since 2011, the five-week five-workout online competition has accurately ranked the fitness of thousands of competitors. Fourteen-year-old high school freshmen compete in the Open, as...Read More
CrossFit Lodi is a gym specializing and dedicated to the CrossFit protocol of constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity. We strive to provide the best strength and conditioning coaching available in the Lodi area. Our gym provides a community atmosphere...Read More
I.G.N- On may 9th we will have the hydrostatic body fat testing from 3pm-7pm. Initial test is only $49 and if you’ve done it before a retest is only $39.
Sunday May 8th (Mother’s Day) there will be NO Open Gym.
- Our next mobility Monday will be May 2nd. It will begin at 630 and should last approximately 1 hr. Come join the fun and bring a friend if you’d like.
Sooooooo proud to those that came in and busted their booty during today’s workout! Talk about a gut check grinder. It was incredible watching all of you dig deep and fight through the many emotions that come up during that type of workout. Not one of you quit and that should be celebrated more then the time it took you to finish. The hour you spend I’m here should literally be “YOUR” hour.
In 15 Min find a
1 Rep Max Hang Clean Thruster
50 Hang Cleans 75#/55#
50 Pull Ups
**Scale weight and pull ups accordingly. We are looking for an “all out”effort and WOD time sub 7 minutes.
4 Rounds not for time
30 Sec FLR on rings
20 AB mat Sit Ups
15 Hip Extensions
I.G.N- We want to say one last congrats to Chris and Noel. Both of them gave it there all over the weekend.
- The next Mobility Monday will be next Monday May 2nd. We will be going over quads, glutes, hammies and hips. It will begin at 6:30pm. Come get your mobility sweat on. Bring a friend if you would like.
- Today was Coach Cody’s last day working with all of you. Unfortunately for us Cowboy Cody needs to ride off into the sunset and tame some Bronco’s. He will be missed.
I’m sorry there was no novel of encouragement last night for all of you that wait on pins and needles hitting refresh until the Blog is up. Just like when those bodies need a little rest, these fingers need a little time to recoup.
Today we have a good old fashion marathon for all of you(see we listened to the survey responses). For many, overhead movements tend to cause more pain and discomfort then anything else. Switching things up and making it a lunge should help alleviate some of that discomfort. Being able to open up the hip angle will allow many(if not all) of you to at least attempt this variation of the lunge. If the prescribed weight is to much then lets ditch the bar and pick up a plate and try it with that. Even if its a 10lb’er that is still 2,000 lbs being accumulated and lunged with overhead..(40 lunges per round * 10lbs * 5 rnds). Pretty cool when we look at it like that right?? Try and think about that every time you are moving weight. Its pretty incredible what this crossfit stuff does when you look at the science behind it. Power output and measurable data is one of the main methodologies behind CF.
To take it a step further…PERSONAL power output and measurable date is something everyone should keep in mind when they might be feeling down or unmotivated about a workout. As long as you are moving(above a snails pace) and as long as, you are moving weight(body, bar, kettle bell, med ball, etc…) you are producing data that you can track from a progress standpoint. I know that’s a lot of science jargon that most probably don’t care about. For some though this might just be that little reassuring info that keeps ya coming back. And for us that’s all we want anyways. JUST KEEP COMING BACK!!
Performance & Fitness
5 Rounds for Time
20 OH Walking Lunge Steps 75#/55#
15 Bar Facing Burpees
20 OH Walking Lunge Steps 75#/55#
15 V Ups
**Over head walking lunge can also be done with a plate.
1 Mile Run for TimeRead More
Performance & Fitness
EMOM 10 Min
8-10 Toes to Bar
*challenge yourself and try a few strict*
5 Round AMRAP
1 Min Wall Balls 20/14 to 10″
30 sec Rest
1 Min Assault Bike for Cal
30 sec Rest
1 Min Power Cleans 175#/115#
I.G.N- We want to wish Chris and Noel one last good luck and congratulations for making it through the masters qualifying workouts. Hopefully the next step is CARSON. We will keep you posted on final outcome.
- Thanks to everyone who showed up and particapted in our 1st Mobility Monday. It was SO MUCH fun to share that hour with all of you. Cant wait until next week when we work on those Quads, Hips, Hammies and Adductors. Also if you have a friend or family member who wants join in on that class PLEASE bring them in. We had many PR’S on the deadlift portion today!! Trust me when I say it is just as enjoyable for us coaches as you the member when you accomplish something like setting a new PR. If you haven’t set one in a while don’t get discouraged. Any day you spend working on your fitness is a mini PR in my book. It is impossible, if you show up and put in the work, to not improve some aspect of your fitness. When we look it like that…EVERYDAY is a PR!! For those that just like to show up and get a good sweat in and don’t pay much attention to the white board or tracking their lifts or times, let me share a little secrete…..THAT IS ALSO TOTALLY FINE!! End of day the reason all of you signed up and continue to show up is because something needed to change in your life from a health/fitness standpoint. We are all motivated by different factors. For some its to be “king of the board”. For some its to beat your buddy in the next class. For some it is to fit into that suit or dress that’s been in the back of closet for a few years. For others it is just an hour a day you get to “unplug” and move. Regardless of WHY you continue to show up, we just are happy you DO! So if the whiteboard isn’t your thing, let us coaches know and we can make sure you just get to come in and move. For those that need that extra push or motivation to really attack the WOD I will do a better job writing scores and times instead of the current ineligible chicken scratch I currently display…Ha
Hang Power Snatch
15 Min AMRAP
50 M Sled Push/Pull
10 Overhead Squats 115#/75#
* Sled weight should be light enough to maintain a jog through the 50 m.*
* Instead of OHS a Front squat can be subbedRead More
I.G.N- Chris and Noel have been working hard on their Master’s qualifying. They have until Monday night to finish and submit all their scores. Wish them luck and hopefully they can move onto the Games. Regardless placing in the top 200 in world is an AMAZING accomplishment. WAY TO GO GUYS
-Tonight will be our 1st of 4 “Mobility Mondays”. We will be covering feet, ankles and calves. If you have impingements in those areas or just looking to improve your overall mobility come check it out. 6:30Pm Start time!!
Thanks to the small army that showed up Saturday. It was an amazing atmosphere in there and great fun watching all of you chip through that workout. If you haven’t made it to a Saturday class in awhile or normally take it as your rest day, I recommend coming to check it out sometime. Besides being a great kick off to your weekend, doughnuts are occasionally provided sooooo it’s a win.win…
Let’s start this new week off on the right “hand” and work some technical elements. I know for many of you getting inverted and working on the HSPU can be scary and intimidating. There is nothing wrong with that!! We have many alternatives planned for you if you’re not ready to get upside down.
Like most technical movements, the HSPU is much more difficult then it seems when watching people complete them. Even if you are not ready to actually get upside down we can work on strength components that will make the transition a little easier when you are ready. For those that feel comfortable with the movement really push yourself today to either limit the number of mats under you or work on the strict variation. Even if you only get a few reps in before having to revert back to mats or kipping that’s better then sticking with what is “comfortable”. Being uncomfortable is ok at times, its when things get to be unbearable that we need to be smart. That goes for pushing yourself during a nasty WOD as well. Everyone knows their own body better then us coaches, or other members. Be smart when things don’t feel right or when your body is feeling beat down and tired. On the flip side when you know you are capable of a little more then give it a go. Worse that happens is you get better!!
Have fun today
Performance & Fitness:
HSPU Skill Work
Every :30 for 5 Min
3-5 Kipping HSPU
10 Min EMOM
3 Deadlifts #225/#155
5 Handstand Push Ups
*If you would like a challenge, try Strict HSPURead More
I.G.N- Our very own Chris Podesto and Noel du Celliee Muller are under way with their master’s qualifying workouts. Both of them performed the 1 rep max Deadlift today, Chris pulled 455 lb’s !!!!! and Noel pulled 400 # !! WAY to go gentlemen, that is a great start and we are all rooting for ya.
- Mobility Monday begins next Monday at 6:30pm. We will be focusing on the feet, ankles and calves. Even if you can not make the whole session please stop by to at least get a little something out of it.
Way to work on those cleans everyone. We also had a few members set a new personal record(pr) on muscle ups made in a day! Everyone who showed up definitely made some steps towards improving the clean. Next time the clean comes up, you all should feel a little more comfortable. Isn’t it fun to work on weaknesses?? It should be. Anytime you have to step outside your comfort zone it can be scary and discouraging. However, it can also be exciting and rejuvenating. As life moves forward it’s hard for many of us to find time to learn new things. Part of the pure joy that comes with being a child is almost EVERYTHING is new. Bring out those inner children for that hour a day and leave the “adulating” at the door. Find some sense of fun in the failures and the road to success will be that much more enjoyable.
Today we are throwing in some “BRO-SESH” work for ya with the bench. Have fun
Performance & Fitness:
2 Min work/ 2 Min Rest
20 Double Unders
10 Push Press 95#/65#Read More
I.G.N- Today is the day the Crossfit games released the qualifying workouts for the Masters division’s. CFL is fortunate enough to have 2 members moving on to this phase. Noel and Chris will both have until Monday to complete the 4 workouts released. Only the top 200 make it to this point stage and only the top 20 move on to the crossfit games in Carson. If you see them wish them a big GOOD LUCK, and we will keep you posted on when they perform the works so you can come cheer them on.
-Mobility Monday starts next Monday at 6:30pm. If you are looking for a little extra help in that area please come by. I know it is late so even if you can only come for 30 min or so that is better then no coming at all.
It was great watching everyone pair up and fight through that tough, loooooong workout today. We hope you enjoyed the partner element.
Just like that we have rounded the corner and are closing in on the weekend. Lets keep the momentum rolling and get after todays workout. We are focusing on moving that barbell today so if possible try and get to class a little early to get in a few extra minutes of mobility and stretching. Also remember the weight you decided to work up to and use for the workout is just one small element of what’s important on days like this. Hammering that technique (and sacrificing pride if needed) is going to be WAY more beneficial then loading up weight and throwing forum out the window. It takes a lot more work then 30 min on a Thursday to master these movements so keep that in mind if you find you are getting flustered. Even an inch walked gets you closer to finishing the marathon that is OLY lifts.
Performance & Fitness
In 7 sets work up to a heavy single
1 Deadlift + 1 Hang Power Clean + 2 Front Squats
In 7 Sets work up to a heavy complex
WOD: Performance & Fitness
7 Power cleans
7 Front Squats
7 Ring Muscle Ups
*Scale weight accordingly
*Scale MU: 7 Burpee Chest to Bar Pull Ups or 7 Burpee Pull Ups or 7 Burpee Jumping Pull Ups